Daily Prayer Diary MARCH 2019
“Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom”
25 MINISTERIAL TEAM &FIRST FAMILY
– Mairisine, David, Meriel and Jo
– The Pastoral Team visitors
– Jesus will minister to the broken, healing hurts from the past, comfort the grieving and walk with
those on a hard path.
PRAY Gods Word will impact all our lives and stir us to respond
GIVE THANKS for Janice, George, Michael, Brian & Eddie and their servant hearts.
26 SOUL SPACE AT LENT
Pray each one in our Church Family would be led by His Spirit to…
Reflect – on everything Jesus did and said leading up to His final days.
Refocus – in their walk of faith to say “not my will but yours Lord”
Renew – deepened trust in Jesus who brings freedom and gives life in all its fullness.
Pray the Prayer Room will be filled to overflowing on 1st April and God will meet each one in ‘the quiet place’
27 GREENVALE HOTEL COOKSTOWN
UPHOLD IN PRAYER
– Grieving broken families who have lost their children in this tragedy
– Friends, pupils and staff facing difficult days of flashbacks and counselling
– That each young life will be celebrated
– Jesus, the Good Shepherd will gather all the broken and grieving to Himself, that He will
bring healing and comfort.
28 PCI – NEPAL
– Peter’s ongoing visa application process that the remainder of this process will go smoothly.
– UMN’s new Strategy Plan for 2020-25. Discussions and proposed plans for the cluster groups.
– Moderator’s visit to churches in Bllina and Sligo-hat he brings encouragement and blessings.
– Heather McCracken Deaconess in the Belfast Trust Hospitals – the Holy Spirit will be her guide
in each visit and encounter.
– Philip Welton – Irish Mission worker in Arklow – that God will encourage him as he supports the
congregation in vacancy
29 OPEN DOORS
Praise God for the many from Druze and Muslim backgrounds in Syria who are turning to Christ.
– Open Doors partners supporting them and the pastors Discipling them.
– The families in Plateau State in Nigeria mourning the slaughter of thousands of women and
children since January
– The intervention by the United Nations.
30 Christchurch NEW ZEALAND
PRAY for – A unity of all communities in the aftermath of the Mosques shootings.
– The Prime Minister asking for courage and boldness.
– Each family, friend and school mate who grieve in unbelief.
– The city of UTRECHT also grieving.
– God’s justice will prevail.
“If I were still trying to please men I would not be a servant of Christ” Gal 1:10
Pray – for fresh understanding in knowing that man’s praise and approval doesn’t compare to our Heavenly Father’s
– we take deep into our souls, His words “You are my beloved child and the apple of My eye.
– we learn to rebuke every negative thought the enemy uses in trying to under value our worth as a ‘child of God’
– we can celebrate that ” we are a new creation, a child of the King when we put our trust and faith in the One who died for us.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH BANGOR
(Registered Charity in Northern Ireland NIC105217)
Sunday 24 March 2019
Our Mission – ‘Passion for Jesus and Compassion for People’
Sunday 24 March
10.30am MORNING SERVICE – Meriel Pinkerton
7.00pm EVENING WORSHIP in the Meeting Place
Rev John Seawright Sat 7 – ‘Making God’s Love Visible’
A warm welcome to all those visiting our Service today.
Please join us for refreshments in the Hub after the service.
This week’s flowers have been placed in the Church by Mrs Rene Dunne
NEXT SUNDAY a team from PCI will be filming in Church for one of their projects.
SUNDAY COFFEE BAR ROTA (APRIL – JUNE)
Please add your name to the Rota in the Hub if you can help.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING OUR NEW TREASURER?
If anyone would be interested in finding out more about what the role entails please contact Rev. David Stanfield (07771785544). It is the intention of Austin to continue to support the person appointed and for his wife Margaret to continue to work with the new treasurer.
FELLOWSHIP GROUPS – 3 week series “Frustrations and False Gods” starts week beginning 25 March.
Tuesday 26 March
LUNCH CLUB meets at 1pm in the Wilson Hall. All senior members welcome
Wednesday 27 March
OUTREACH COFFEE BAR in the Hub from 10am – 12noon
PRAYER MINISTRY available in the Church Sanctuary from 10am – 12noon
Thursday 28 March
DORCAS meets in the Hub from 10.30am – 12noon. All welcome
Saturday 30 March
BTC JUNIORS (P4-P7’s) Join us for Alternative Olympics & Pizza. Cost £5. Contact Jo to book a space. Email email@example.com
Sunday 31 March
10.30am MORNING SERVICE – Rev Mairisíne Stanfield
7.00pm EVENING WORSHIP in the Meeting Place
“Frustrations and False Gods – Living in a Fallen World”
Monday 1 April – ‘SOUL SPACE’ AT LENT
A ‘Soul Space’ evening gives the opportunity to be quiet, to refocus, to be refreshed and renewed. It is a time to listen for God’s heartbeat and respond to His voice. Meet in the Prayer Room from 8-9.30pm. Sign-up sheet in The Hub. For further details contact Meriel 07427737227 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 5 April – BB DISPLAY at 7.00pm. Ticket only. If you normally attend our display but have not received a ticket, please speak to any BB officer.
Saturday 6 April – GB DISPLAY at 6.30pm. Ticket only. For availability speak to GB Officers.
RAO – Thank you to all who have already donated / have set up regular donations. Please ask for details in the office if you wish to be part of this giving.
STOREHOUSE NORTH DOWN
We are very short of groceries especially: tinned fruit, tinned veg, tinned custard, rice, cooking oil, snacks, tinned meat, bottles of juice, sauces for rice & pasta
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
PATHFINDERS – “Exploring More Together”
Please see sheet on the Hub coffee bar for latest information on the H&W Slipways Tour and confirm where you will meet the group.
HOLY WEEK SERVICES
As usual we are joining with the other Town Centre Churches to reflect on our Christian Faith during Holy Week (Monday 15th – Friday 19th April 2019).
This year the Prayer Room and the Services are being hosted by Trinity Presbyterian. We are responsible for covering prayer on Monday 15th from 7am to 7pm and a sign-up sheet will be available in the Hub.
The services start at 7.30pm each evening and are led by different churches each night. This year our special guest preacher is Pastor Eddy Inglis from England.
On Good Friday we complete our journey through Holy Week with Communion.
The Dawn Service this year will commence at 6am followed by breakfast in the Hub at First Bangor.
Our Easter Sunday morning celebration will be an all-age service at the usual time of 10.30am
USHERS for MARCH
Side Doors: Neill Hodgins
Front Porches: Ian McQuiston & Jim Wallace
Gallery: Margaret & Robert Crangle & David Fletcher